Damage Claims Process
We stand behind our products. Some of the products that we ship are fragile by nature and are occasionally damaged during transit. If you receive any damaged products, please follow the steps below.
- Accept the shipment.
- Contact us within 3 business days of receiving the damaged items. Damage inquiries received beyond this point will be handled on a case by case basis. Damage may be assumed to be due to improper storage or installation of the products.
- Email DecorWerks with the required documentation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Number of pieces damaged.
- Pictures of damaged products which should show sufficient evidence of damage and quantity.
- DecorWerks will ship replacement products to you at no additional cost.
Upon initial receipt of the shipment, look for any indication of damage on the outside of the cartons or packing material. Notate any damage on the POD provided by the driver. This will ensure a faster turn around on filing the claim and re-shipping the product. Even if no damage is noted on the POD, you can still file a claim for hidden damage.
**NOTE: NEVER REFUSE A SHIPMENT**
Refusing a shipment will incur additional shipping charges that the customer will be responsible for paying. Refused shipments are subject to return shipping costs and, in certain circumstances, will incur a 15% restocking fee.
If you have received a damaged shipment, please contact our Customer Service Department at email@example.com for assistance. Please include your Order Number and Tracking Numbers ready to ensure a quicker turn around for your replacement shipment.
DO NOT DISCARD any of the damaged material or packaging. Once reported, the damaged material is the property of the carrier, by law, and they have 120 days to decide if they wish to inspect, pick up or advise to discard the damaged material. DecorWerks cannot be held responsible for any damages or shortages. The carrier is responsible once the product leaves our possession.